Lift-Rite are looking to add a lifting equipment inspection and test engineer to the team.
Our work takes us around the country, supporting clients in a range of nationally important sectors including energy, defence, transport & civils and our projects are varied and interesting.
You will often be working on site in a small team and will have to solve problems and develop solutions to specific on site challenges. You will be on the front line of our services and will be expected to communicate effectively with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and management.
- Reporting to Test and Inspection Team Lead, carrying out test, inspection and installation work for lifting equipment and safety systems, both in the workshop and on client sites.
- Previous experience of lifting accessories and equipment is required.
- You will comply with company QHSE requirements, with a particular focus on personal safety and that of any individuals working alongside.
- You will have knowledge and experience of hand and power tools.
- Attention to detail is required both during the inspections and when completing post inspection paperwork which will be submitted to clients.
- Role may involve long hours, night shift or weekend work. Overtime rates are paid for all excess hours.
- There will be travel around the North East and further afield within the UK requiring periods away from home. A driving licence would be preferred.
- Previous LEEA qualifications, FLT & overhead crane would be beneficial, however training will be provided for the right candidate.
What we Offer
- A competitive hourly rate with overtime opportunities.
- Day-shift working hours, generally 0730 to 1630, Monday to Thursday. 1230 finish on a Friday.
- 25 days holiday.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send an up to date CV and cover letter through to email@example.com.